How to Choose the Right Web Design & Development CompanyIf you have a business, an online presence is a must. A website lets your customers gather everything they need about your business quickly. And for that purpose, having a well-built and attractive website is important for the growth of the business. We utilize best practices in Responsive Web Design with our new website builds, this ensures your information is displayed in the best possible way, leading your customers to the conversion goals you want. There are many ways to build a website, and we specialize in the most current platforms for Website Design and Development services in Winnipeg. Here are a few important factors when choosing a partner for web design and development.
- Who they are and what they have done – reputable web design and development providers should have many examples of current work. It is a good idea to review some of the examples that may closely resemble a project or the type of business you operate. It is also a good idea to find out how long they have been in business so that you are not dealing with a fly-by-night freelancer that may not be there in the future. Making sure they will be available for future projects and be able to support your website is key to a successful online business.
- Customer reviews – we look at reviews when we buy a product, and it is also a good idea to check out the reviews on Google, Facebook or the BBB to see how past and current customers rate their experiences with a business. If there is not much activity in this area, a phone call should do the trick or even call some of the businesses that are on display in their portfolio.
- Additional services – it depends upon you and your firm whether to add to some additional content or not. You may not need it initially, but later on, you can keep adding additional features to your website to make it look interesting and customer – friendly.
- Cost and quality – we often look for discounts and affordable solutions when it comes to building a website. But the adage holds true with website design and development, in that it is much more expensive to higher the lowest cost quote, because shortcuts and bad coding will always come back to bite you. Look for a web development partner that maintains a good balance of affordability and the ability to manage expectations and timelines without sacrificing quality.
- Maintenance and support – each website whether simple or complex, requires timely maintenance and support to ensure your visitors get the information and experience they need to navigate your website. Ask about maintenance plans and how they handle website issues.
- Contact information – being able to get in touch with your web developer or designer in a timely manner is important. Phone numbers or contact forms are the basic forms, while instant chat features can make getting in-touch even easier. Make sure the time in which they respond to your inquiries is reasonable. Taking a week or more to answer emails is a bad sign of internal mismanagement of projects and clients. A response within 24-48 hours is appropriate for general inquiries.